Are you ready to say goodbye to chronic stress and hello to calm? Hypnotherapy works on rewiring your response to things that stress you now and building resilience, so you can feel more positive and in control. Get in touch to find out how I can help you find a sense of calm even when life is anything but.
- Book a free 15-minute Discovery call on Zoom
- Call me to book an appointment or get questions answered – 01977 678593
- Email me to ask questions or request a callback
These are typical symptoms of stress and, the more of them you are experiencing, the more likely it is that your stress levels are having an impact on how you feel.
- always busy, feeling there is never enough time to do everything that has to be done,
- problems making decisions,
- poor concentration, memory, or motivation,
- difficulty making or carrying out plans,
- a feeling of being out of control or not being able to cope.
- change in sleeping patterns (finding it hard to sleep, or hard to wake up!),
- change in eating patterns (e.g. eating for comfort or sudden lack of appetite),
- drop in confidence or self-esteem,
- turning more often to caffeine, alcohol or tobacco,
- getting irritable over things that wouldn’t normally bother you.
- experiencing anxiety or panic in situations where you would normally be calm,
- headaches, palpitations of the heart, stomach or digestive problems
- catching every cold, infection and bug that’s going around,
- rashes, especially on your face, neck chest or arms,
- a sensation that you never feel really well or enjoy life.
Why do we get stressed?
If you ask for a definition of stress, you’ll find plenty. We feel stressed when the demands that are being placed on us are more than we can comfortably cope with. These demands can come from one-off life events (accidents, divorce, illness, bereavement, moving house) or ongoing situations (e.g. money worries, arguments at home or work, discrimination or bullying).
It’s true that you sometimes can’t avoid the situations that make you feel stressed, but I can help you to learn coping strategies which give you more ‘resilience’ – the ability to cope with them better. Once you feel more in control, the symptoms of negative stress stop holding you back.
Stress Management Specialist
Stress Management is a particular interest of mine. I have a number of specialist qualifications and can offer a variety of approaches to help you in dealing with it. So, wherever your stress comes from I can help you to:
- understand why you are having difficulty dealing with stressful situations,
- reduce or avoid the negative effects of stress,
- respond more positively and constructively to stressful situations in the future,
- increase your sense of well-being generally so you feel better able to cope.
How to reduce stress
This free download will give you some tips to get started on reducing your stress.
But what makes you stressed is unique to you. Some people love to go bungee jumping or cook a complex menu for a posh dinner party. Others feel their anxiety levels rising at the very thought! Effective stress management programmes should, therefore, be tailored to you and your situation. This is why one-to-one therapy can be the best approach.
I use a variety of techniques including coaching, hypnotherapy, and NLP (neuro-linguistic programming) which makes your course of therapy unique to you and your situation. Please contact me to arrange some sessions, either in my office in Normanton or online.