Debbie's Hypnotherapy Blogs
We're often told to take a deep breath or two if we’re feeling stressed, angry or anxious but does it work? Clients report back to me that, yes, it does. But how can such a simple thing help you to deal with such strong emotions?
Hypnosis comes with a lot of baggage. Ideas about what it can and can't do come from stage shows, movies and books, and are often misinformed or just plain scary. I'm always happy to answer any questions you have about it, but here are a few facts you might find interesting.
It's also a good opportunity to say a word about the difference between hypnosis and hypnotherapy.
We all know that the Grinch did his best to ruin Christmas, but social anxiety can also make the holiday season a nightmare. It is not easy to live with at any time, but as the party season comes closer it can be more difficult than ever. Family gatherings, parties and other festivities can be a nightmare for those who are not at ease in company, all the more so because everyone else seems to be having such fun.
Well, it's 'Stoptober' and lots of you are planning to quit, so have you ever wondered just how fast your body adapts back to good health? This infographic will make it nice and clear.
And if you need some help and support from me, just get in touch.
Depression is a mood disorder and it’s much more common than you’d think. In fact MIND, the mental health charity believes that around one in four people in the UK will suffer depression every year. Despite this, it’s much misunderstood, is often seen as a signal of personal weakness, and not everyone who experiences it recognises what they’re going through.
If you are considering using hypnotherapy to resolve some problem in your life, you have probably done some reading around on the subject. (Good for you - you absolutely should!)
You have probably heard that hypnosis is very effective; maybe even that it can be a 'miracle cure'. It may be quite a big investment for you in terms of time, money and effort. So it might seem reasonable to ask if I can offer a guarantee to solve whatever problem you are dealing with.
More Articles ...
- Hypnosis in History: Franz Anton Mesmer
- Get rid of negative thinking
- Happiness - can you make it happen?
- Does hypnotherapy work?
- Hypnotherapy and Blushing
- How to beat the winter blues
- Ten tips for new non smokers
- Mindfulness, and how to do it right
- Hypnotherapy and anger
- Can I get stuck in trance?
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Claustrophobia and hypnotherapy
- Hypnotherapy and gambling
- Hypnotherapy and young people
- Could hypnotherapy help with your Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
- How you should be using affirmations
- 5 ways hypnotherapy can help your relationship
- How to make this year's resolutions last
- How hypnotherapy changes our perceptions
- Hypnosis can help to organise your life
- How to manage social anxiety
- So you want to be normal?
- A few facts about hypnosis
- Improving your willpower
- Help with panic attacks
- Five things you need to know about IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
- Smoking - seven things you may not know
- Top tips for getting motivated
- Tips to get a good night's sleep
- Why do people worry about hypnosis?
- 4 reasons for lacking confidence - and what you can do about it!
- Ten things that every new non smoker should refuse to believe
- How to reduce anxiety and worry
- How hypnotherapy could have helped Miss Muffett!
- Hypnosis for pain control
- How to choose the right therapist
- 7 ways to boost your self esteem